Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Going it alone...

Jeff has been gone for 3.5 days and we have had our ups and downs, but we are making it! Grandma and GiGi made a last minute decision to come to town the day before their flight to Florida for my cousins wedding. It was nice to have them here, even though it wasn't for long. My mom and I took the boys to what was probably my last TMOM (Tulsa Mothers of Multiples) meeting. It was sad to leave the friends, with whom I had so much in common, that I have made during past 20 months.
This morning as Grandma and GiGi tried to leave for the airport Ayden had a huge meltdown and ONLY wanted GiGi! He put on quite the show, which continued after they had pulled out of the driveway! At least he will get to see plenty of her in the coming weeks! :) After they left I had to take out the trash (since the "man of the house" is not here to do his chores!). I wanted to do it before they left, but I didn't get to it. The boys run out of the house after me if I walk out, so I had to be creative. I had to open the overhead garage door and then lock the house door to the garage as well as the front door. I had to put up the baby gate to block the kitchen. I left the house through the kitchen patio door with the trash bags from inside. I put them in the can and put it on the curb in front of the house. Then I gathered all the boxes of trash (there is so much of that when moving!) and took them to the street. As I was gathering the garage trash I heard a band on the garage door. It sounded like the boys had opened the coat closet door and slammed it into the garage door - well, I figured, there were worse things they could be getting into! After the trash was all at the curb I had to go back through the gate and into the house from the side. When I got inside I was headed to the garage to shut the overhead door when I found this...

I had left a box of Cheez-It's on the table and they had pulled it down! I guess they thought they needed a mid-morning snack today! I forget how tall they are getting sometimes! They have also been having a ball tearing up all the newspaper I have out to pack with!

My hat goes off to all the single parents out there! Yes, I am used to taking care of the boys all day, but it is extra exhausting to do it into the evening everyday as well! I won't go into details about this evenings grocery trip to Wal-Mart, but I was pretty ticked when what should have been a 30 minute trip turned into over an hour all because I had a moron for a cashier! There was a short line and it took me 30 minutes to get through the line and get a few groceries! AGGGHHHH! So frustrating! I love the prices, look, layout, etc. of that Wal-Mart, but they have a lot of things that really upset me too. Jeff told me to not to go back there and I said I wouldn't - not because of what happened, but because I shouldn't need to go again before we move! :)

I have been trying to do all the packing while the boys are napping or at night when they are in bed. I don't think they will understand, but I also don't want them to stress. I did have to do some work in their closet so I did that yesterday morning. They had a lot of fun watching me and playing with the boxes. Ashton pushed a large empty box around the house before bringing it to their room. Ashton and Ayden then proceeded to fill the box with everything laying on their floor. I only wish they picked up that well when it is time to clean up the toys!

There was a little more in the box - before I got around to taking the picture they took a few things back out!

1 comment:

  1. I feel for you girl! It's hard w/out your partner! Hang in there!