Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Sunday was spent relaxing and recovering!
Daddy put together the new wagon and we took it out for a spin!
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Ashton Ray 4/22/08
Ashton Ray 4/22/09
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Thursday Jeff and I took the boys to their 12 month well baby check up! They are both doing great and have changed so much since their 9 month visit. The boys have caught up to each other in nearly every area now. Both boys are crawling, pulling up, cruising, talking, laughing, eating table food, drinking from sippy cups, growing some hair (finally), and they both are working on their sixth tooth. Ayden is "talking" more than Ashton and Ashton is doing more climbing than Ayden. They both love to stand and walk behind their walker toy (or anything they can push for that matter), but they are not walking on their own just yet. During the last two weeks the level of their interactions has jumped dramatically! They are almost always playing together and laugh at each other a lot. Their favorites are to each stand at one end of the tunnel/slide and laugh at each other and to stand at the music table and bang on it together.
Here are the "stats" from their visit:
weight 19lbs. 12oz (7%)
height 29 1/2in. (50%)
head 18 3/4in (88%)
weight 21lbs. 12oz (40%)
height 29 3/4in (52%)
head 18 1/2in (75%)
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Sunday, April 12, 2009
About a year ago! Look at that belly - I don't remember it being so...large! This was a baby shower my students and their families had for me.
These are a few of the things we have done to "pinch our pennies":
-We shop for clothes and toys at consignment sales like Just Between Friends and the TMOM's sale.
-The boys wear cloth diapers. This is not only a huge savings for us, but a great contribution to the environment.
-I breastfeed the boys. We have NEVER purchased formula! This alone is saving us up to $15/day!
- I make baby food at home. It is very easy, tastes better and is much cheaper!
- I do as much "home made" stuff as I can, including making babylegs and moby wraps. Babylegs sell for $12 or more each and I make them for $1-2!
babylegs and cloth diapers
- We rarely, to never, go out to eat. I enjoy cooking, it is cheaper, better for us and just plain easier when you have twins!
- We buy in bulk. If you know how Jeff eats then you know that our relationship with Sam's is very important. If our boys take after him, that relationship is only going to blossom!- We use coupons. They are everywhere! Not just the old fashioned way of clipping from the Sunday paper, but by looking at your favorite retailers sites, signing up for their email list and going to coupon websites.
- Like everyone, we have had to look at our budget and see what could go. Honestly, there wasn't much. The big thing we decided on was our satellite/dvr service. We only watched a few channels other than local and it was costing us a fortune. We were most upset over losing the dvr - ya' know what it's like to get used to a way of life! We did some research and crunched some numbers and decided to switch to Tivo. We now get HD for free (with our old rabbit ears) and Tivo for $13/month. That is a far cry from the $75ish we were paying!
Friday, April 10, 2009
Monday, April 6, 2009
Thursday - Time for a sensory activity! I loved to do slimy, gooey, sticky sensory activities with my pre-k classes and plan to continue with my boys! Secretly, I think I get as much joy out of these activities as they do! I made some cold, vanilla pudding and then added green food coloring to it while on their trays. Since the boys rarely sit in their high chairs other than to eat they were a little confused as to what was going on. Ayden was mad that I was not feeding him and Ashton was not going to wait around on a spoon! I showed them how to put their fingers in it and move it all around, but they mainly cared about "moving" it into their mouths. I gave them each a spoon, their new favorite toy, and they finally settled down to enjoy this new sensation. Afterwards, I had two green, sticky babies!
Ashton and William
Ashton, Colton, Maddie, Ayden
Ashton and Colton
Ayden taking Maddie's glasses!