Friday, December 12, 2008

Ayden Lee

Ayden is what I like to refer to as a "perfect singleton baby". He does not realize, nor care, that he is not the only baby mommy and daddy have to take care of! He is very vocal and always lets me know what he wants, how he wants it and when he wants it! Ayden loves to be with mommy, forget playing with Ashton! We have called Ayden "high needs" for a long time, but recently he has been a little less needy. The boys could not be more different, the Lord knew we could only handle one Ayden! Ayden was a very serious (because I don't want to call it sad) baby for a long time. He rarely smiled and fussed a lot. We have recently had a major turn around and now he has become a big ham and smiles all the time. Ayden loves bath time and has recently began smiling up at me really big as soon as I turn the water off. I think this is because he knows his nightly massage is coming next! My "Ayden Baby" loves to chew! He puts everything in his mouth, mommy and daddy's fingers are among his favs! Although he was born smaller Ayden is now my "Chunky Monkey". He started waking up to eat 1,2,3 + times/night at about 5 months old. When we went to their 6 months checkup I guessed he would weigh one pound more than Ashton. Sure enough, 1lb 2 oz up on his brother! Ayden loves to play silly games and be read and sang to. Ayden HAS to have his sleep! Once we get him to sleep (which has been a problem lately) he is a good sleeper!

A few milestones:

Born at 5lbs. 3 oz. and 17 1/2in.
- at 7 months 15lbs. 4 oz.

Rolled to back 5 weeks
Rolled to belly 3.5 months
Sleeping through the night 3 months (this stopped at 5 months) and then 7 months (let's hope it continues this time!)
Smiled 4 months
Started eating baby cereal 5.5 months
Started eating solids 6 months
Picked up toys without assistance 6 months
Getting on all four's and rocking 7 months
Sitting unassisted for short periods 7.5 months
Crawling....you never know with Ayden!


Ayden with Grandma at 2 days old
8 weeks old
3 months old
6 months old

2 comments:

  1. "Ayden Cakes"...definitely has the temperment of daddy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so funny how our boys are so much alike :) I can't wait for them to have a playdate :)

    I also LOVE your taste in music!! Would ya burn me a CD :)

    ReplyDelete