Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Our story

It all started in the fall of ''07 when we decided we were ready to start a family. We were very lucky to get pregnant right away. You see, we had it all planed out to have a baby in May so that I could spend my summer vacation home with the baby. Well, so much for planning! At our 20 week ultrasound on January 8th, 08 we were told we were having TWIN BOYS! Wow...that caught us off guard! My husband had made lots of jokes about us having twins, but they were only meant to be jokes. We had no reason to believe we would be pregnant with twins. We spent the next few weeks preparing for our new life. It was both exciting and nerve racking! After a couple weeks off work and on bed rest due to high blood pressure I developed pre-e and had an emergency c-section on April 22nd, 2008. I was so excited to meet my two precious babies whom I had already fallen in love with and felt I already knew. Ashton, baby A, was born first at 5lbs 9 oz. He was so beautiful when they finally brought him to him! I could not believe he was really mine! He was the quiet, happy baby I had anticipated. Ayden, baby B, was born weighing 5lbs. 3oz. He wanted to build up the anticipation of our meeting, so he would not suck for the nurses and had some blood sugar issues. After a few hours they finally brought me my precious "Ayden Baby". He was the louder, needier baby I had also anticipated! Both boys got to come home from the hospital with me a couple days later. Those first few days were rough on all of us. Breastfeeding was a struggle for my tiny little babies, but with the help of my husband we all got through it. The boys slept a lot, but they also ate a lot! We had to feed them every 3-4 hours and it seemed like just as we were getting to sleep it was time to eat again! Now, though, all those days are a distant, and
foggy, memory!


One day old




Going home from the hospital

Five days old

No comments:

Post a Comment