Thursday, March 4, 2010

Split Pea What?!

So, I have been trying to be better about planning out an activity for the boys each day. I have a TON of ideas since I was a pre-K teacher before the boys were born. I sometimes forget that they are growing up and can actually participate and enjoy some of the activities I enjoy planning (and participating myself!).

Tuesday I got this out for them:
It was a bag of green split peas as well as a variety of kitchen tools.

They seemed to know I had something exciting instore for them!
I put a vinyl tablecloth on the floor and had them sit on it.

They enjoyed running the peas through their fingers, scooping, filling and investigating! This kept them very engrossed for a full 30 minutes!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try this, we have all kinds of dried beans, thanks for the good idea

    ReplyDelete